Please note: we are no longer publishing short fiction.
Occasional Books trade paper and chapbooks
- You must be a Canadian resident no exceptions.
2. PREVIOUS PUBLICATION:
- Do not send us your manuscript unless you have been previously published in a trade book, chapbook or a recognized literary journal.
3. EMAIL THE FOLLOWING:
(please do not MAIL submissions)
- A short bibliography of your previously published work.
- A 5-page sample from your manuscript. Do not email a full submission unless you have been invited to do so.
- At least 50% of your manuscript must be new work (previously unpublished).
- Kindly inform us if this is a serial submission.
If you require further information please email us.
1 — Contemporary Canadian Poets Series:
This series features the work of established Canadian writers in limited edition, small book formats (100 pages or less);
- Volume one: David Solway, editor, Demilunes: little windows on Quebec
- Volume two: A.F. Moritz, Now That You Revive
- Volume three: Sharon McCartney, Against
- Volume four: Shane Neilson, Exterminate My Heart
- Volume five: Wayne Clifford, Learning to Dance
with a Peg Leg: three dozen tunes for a third mate
- Volume six: M.Travis Lane, The Book of Widows
- Volume seven: David Helwig, Seawrack
The work in question can be completely new material (as in the case of A.F. Moritz’s Now That You Revive);
material previously published in another format (as in David Solway's translations in Demilunes);
or it can be a new thematic selection of poetry by a living author chosen and introduced by a second party.
We will accept proposals from writers with published trade books or other publications. Your proposal should include: your name, the name of the poet whose work would be featured (if different), a possible theme for the book and some information about yourself.
2 — Canadian Masters Series:
This series features the writing of deceased Canadian poets, as introduced by a younger generation of contemporary writers.
- Volume one: Alden Nowlan & Illness, ed. Shane Neilson
- Volume two: John Glassco and the Other Montreal, ed. Carmine Starnino
We will accept proposals from established writers.
Please email us, giving a brief description of your proposal, your own publication history and a brief biography.
3 Literary Criticism Monographs:
- 1. Fatherhood: The Poetry of Wayne Clifford
- 2. Proofs & Equational Love: The Poetry of Jim Johnstone
- 3. Dr. Acorn or: How I Joined the Canadian Liberation Movement and Learned to Love the Stern Nurse Fusion Bomb Sun, Due Summer 2013
Please email us with your proposal only.
Frog Hollow Press
1758 Armstrong Avenue
Victoria, BC V8R 5S6